Saturday, August 13, 2011

Belly Up By: Stuart Gibbs Book Review




I give this book 3/5 stars.   This book is about a boy named Teddy who lives at the best zoo/amusement park.  Both of his parent work there with the animals.  The park's mascot is Henry the hippo.  One day he mysteriously dies.  Teddy is interested in the death so he sneaks in to the autopsy and hears the doctor saying that there was foul play involved the death of Henry.  Teddy decides to investigate this death with a girl named Summer.  This book is cute.  The only thing that annoyed me about the book is that I found 2 or 3 typos throughout the book and me being me that almost totally ruined the book for me, but the story line and the characters saved the book in the end.  This book would definitely fall under the middle grade genre the reason why is it didn't have any underlying message.  I took nothing away from reading this book, so if you want a fast and light read Belly Up is the book for you.

 -Rooni-   

No comments:

Post a Comment